Friday, October 14, 2022 12:00-1:30pm EST
Join Achieving the Dream on Friday, October 14th, along with experts from SRI, the Community College Research Center, and participating colleges to learn about new approaches to improving student success in online STEM courses. We’ll learn about the role of self-directed learning skills and mindsets and about evidence for why and how self-directed learning works and hear about examples of this strategy in practice. Participants will also identify promising implementation strategies for their own classrooms and institutions. This webinar is ideal for full-time faculty, part-time faculty, faculty developers, instructional designers, and academic affairs leaders.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Mona Easterling, assistant professor and co-coordinator of undergraduate research, Tulsa Community College
- Rachel McDermott, associate professor of English, Palm Beach State College
Zalmond Abbondanza, department chair of developmental math, Palm Beach State College
- Rebecca Griffiths, principal researcher, SRI Education
- Sue Bickerstaff, senior research associate and program lead, Community College Research Center (CCRC)
- Ellen Wasserman, senior research assistant, CCRC
Categories: Past Event