Calling all Institute of Education Sciences (IES)-funded researchers! Please join us at the Annual Principal Investigators Meeting, “Building on 20 years of IES Research to Accelerate the Education Sciences,” from May 16 to 18, 2023.
Postsecondary Teaching & Learning: Supporting Students’ Belonging and Learning Capacities
Presenters share ongoing research to identify instructional practices that can support students’ development of productive mindsets and skills within academic coursework. We also share research on approaches to supporting students’ sense of belonging and motivational mindsets, accounting for critical contextual factors and individual characteristics (e.g., race/ethnicity, family income, first generation college student) that underpin students’ sense of belonging in college.
Please note this session is for Principal Investigators Meeting attendees only.
- Rebecca Griffiths, senior principal researcher, SRI Education
- Kevin Binning, associate professor, University of Pittsburgh
- Eric McChesney, postdoctoral associate, University of Pittsburgh
- Jessica Mislevy, senior principal researcher, SRI Education
- Susan Bickerstaff, senior research associate, Community College Research Center
- Krystal Thomas, senior education researcher, SRI Education
Categories: Past Event